Your 15 minute digital checklist
Don’t think you have time to check that everything is fine online? Here is a 15 minute digital checklist to see how your business is tracking.
- Are the address/phone/email details still current?
- Are your opening hours correct? If you offer appointments/meetings outside regular business hours, is this stated on your website? How does a prospect get in touch with you?
- Is there a new product or service you are offering but isn’t mentioned?
- Are the photos good quality? (poor ones will deter site visitors)
- Are there links to ALL of your social media profiles on your website?
Your Google listing:
- Have you verified your listing?
- Are all of your business details current, including website url/phone/address/opening hours?
- Are the categories still relevant? Are there any extra categories your business could be listed in?
- Have you uploaded photos of your business, including your team at work?
- Have you responded to reviews, both good and not so good?
- Have you asked your customers to leave reviews?
If you haven’t claimed your business listing on Google, go to Google now and search for your business, then follow the steps to claim the listing and set up a free Google My Business account.
Your social media profiles:
- Has it been longer than 6 months since you’ve updated your cover photo? A good idea is to do it more frequently, say at the start of each season.
- Is your website url/phone/address correct?
- Are your other social media profiles listed on each account?
- Have you linked your Facebook business page and your Instagram account?
- Is the best call-to-action button featured on your Facebook page? i.e. Learn more, Call Now, Shop now etc.
Your email signature:
- Is your website address easy to see?
- Does your company logo look sharp?
- Does your email signature say something about your business? i.e. is there a tagline?
- Could you include a promo graphic that links to a special offer or news item?
One last tip – check for spelling errors or numbers typed in the incorrect order. Not only may you be missing out on phone calls due to a wrong number, but it says that you haven’t taken very much care with your digital presence, and leaves people wondering how you take care of business…
You can download the 15 minute digital checklist here as a PDF.